All offers to be presented by 5:00pm on 5 September 2021
Achacha Plantation - A Unique Fruit Venture. Certified organic, using biodynamic growing methods
Location: 34348 Bruce Highway, Mount Surround (Giru) 4809 QLD – 45 Km South of Townsville and approximately 40 minutes from the Townsville airport
Land Area: 101 Ha / 250 Acres (Approx.)
• ~15,000 Achacha trees with plant breeders rights (PBRs) giving sole rights to commercialise the fruit variety in Australia until 2036.
• ~3,000 African Mahogany (windbreak) trees, 60 Mango trees plus a variety of tropical fruit species
• Awards: Fruit Logistica Berlin, ABC delicious, Gault & Millau
Water supply / Irrigation System:
• Sunwater allocation 535ML; less than 100ML required annually, with surplus sold off locally
• Extra 100ML unmetered from creek also available
• All Achacha trees equipped with sprinklers, automatic watering system
• Bore for domestic water, plus ~30,000L rainwater tanks
• 2 well equipped fully furnished residences
• Large packing shed with computerised packing line and cold room
• Tractors, large sprayer, 6 ATVs etc and associated machinery required to operate the farm
Established sales through wholesale markets in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
Exports to the UK/Europe/Middle East/Asia and North America.
The Achacha is a tasty and nutritious fruit described as “sweet, tangy, refreshing – like a sorbet”. The business has the opportunity to expand into a wide range of downstream products including drinks. Achacha blossom honey from the flowers is in strong demand.
The current owners have invested a substantial amount into the business since its inception in 2003. The property has unlimited potential. Vendors will consider all reasonable offers.
For further information or inspection contact Bill Micola today on 0418 778 674.Show More